Norton, Millenium Chess!

Newuser579 10:23 14 Sep 03

I recently bought a chess program - Chesmaster & instaled it on my PC, but when I close the program I get an error message - Chesmaster .exe has caused an error bla bla. I spoke to their support who suggested it was a problem with Millenium (my OS) & Norton system works also on my pc. They said there are know faults with this set up, however this is the first time anything's come to light for me. I just close the message & no problem, but any suggestions what's going on? I've tried uninstalling / reinstaling Chessmaster to no avail.

VoG II 10:24 14 Sep 03

What does "bla bla" actually say?

Jester2K II 10:37 14 Sep 03

Yes how are we suppossed to know what the problem is if it just says "bla bla"

Please post the full error message EXACTLY as it reads.

Newuser579 12:16 14 Sep 03

Sorry, it seemed to be so standard I didn't type it - it says Chessmaster.exe has caused en error, chessmaster will now close (Thats what I was trying to do!) If you continue experiencing problems try restarting your computer. This of course clears the message but doesn't stop it reappearing if I use & then close Chessmaster again. Incidentaly, just opening the program then shuting it again without playing gives no message?

Jester2K II 12:27 14 Sep 03

Chessmaster.exe has caused an error (Usually followed by "in xxxx at yyyy")

Whats the xxxx and yyyy - if any?

leo49 12:37 14 Sep 03

I used to run Chessmaster 6000 on ME with no problems. Norton is always the usual suspect in my book for most ills.

Newuser579 21:29 15 Sep 03

Thanks Leo, I'll see if anyone else has any suggestions, & may dump my Norton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…