Norton to McAfee

Bigus T 19:55 08 Aug 05

I thought I had uninstaled all of Norton(which came with the machine)however McAfee cant be instaled until it clears the last bit of Norton,but it says that this feature is on a network resource which is unavailable,an alternate path to a folder containing the instalation package NIS.MSI is required.I dont have any Norton disc as it came pre loaded.Os is xp home.Any answers appreciated.

Jackcoms 20:15 08 Aug 05

Any good? click here

If not, search at the Symantec/Norton site.

VoG II 20:20 08 Aug 05

Or for later versions of Norton click here=

Bigus T 20:21 08 Aug 05

Thanks Jackcoms but an error had occured in the symantec knowledge base it said.I`ll go back to their homepage again,Ta.

Bigus T 20:23 08 Aug 05

Ta VoG but it be a 2002 edition.

Strawballs 20:51 08 Aug 05

click here Try using this to remove anything Norton or symentec I used it to do a friends latptop

Jackcoms 21:11 08 Aug 05

Try my link again. click here

I've noticed that sometimes the page reports an error, but if you refresh it loads OK.

Bigus T 14:57 09 Aug 05

Thanks chaps, between you all and using both the regedit and the Norton cleanup tool I`m 99% Norton free,no offence to Norton I just prefer McAf n co.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…