Norton LiveUpdate (SpeedDisk) Win2000 SP5

Sketch 21:00 18 Nov 03

I've waited monthes for this update, but still nothing. I haven't been able to run 'Speed Disk' since the SP5 upgrade.

Have Norton released the SP5 upgrade, does anybody know? Because as far as my computer and the automatic updates go....... it doesn't exist yet.

temp003 02:18 19 Nov 03

Windows 2000 has only got to SP4. I can't remember now the exact message after I installed SP4, but I think Norton Speed Disk might be referring to NT SP5 or something like that (don't know why, may be something to do with w2k using the NT platform).

But whatever it is, it is safe to ignore that message, tick the option don't show this message again, and proceed with Speed Disk.

Every time you install a new service pack on Windows, Speed Disk gives a similar message. The Speed Disk update may or may not come, but it is safe to use it on the new service pack.

Sketch 02:26 19 Nov 03

I wrote it wrong. I have this.

Current Operating System: NT5 Service Pack 4

Warning! This version of Speed Disk has not been tested with the Service Pack that is installed on your computer. You should run LiveUpdate to see if an updated version of Speed Disk is available.

Supported Operating Systems:

NT4 Service Pack 6
NT5 Service Pack 0
NT5 Service Pack 1
NT5 Service Pack 2
NT5 Service Pack 3

I've been waiting for the upgrade for atleast 3 monthes. Two of which I had no access to the internet at all. I assumed that it would be released via LiveUpdate by now. Am I wrong? Does anybody else have a Speed Disk that currently supports 'NT5 Service Pack 4'?

Sketch 02:28 19 Nov 03

These bloody messages never upload to look like they do in the text forms.......

temp003 09:00 19 Nov 03

Yes, this site does a little formatting of its own.

That's the message I got as well. Never mind why Norton refers to NT5 (Service Pack 4) as your operating system (although I think the early beta versions of Windows 2000 were referred to by Microsoft as NT5).

It is safe to continue to use Speed Disk on Windows 2000 SP4. You don't need to wait for an update from Norton on Speed Disk.

I've been using Speed Disk on my w2k sp4 without any problem. So have other people who posted threads similar to yours on the same question.

Sketch 12:09 19 Nov 03

I could hug you.

I can finally get the damn thing sorted so that I can put on all the new software that I have for my university course.

Go. Go. Gadget- Speed Disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…