Norton LiveUpdate problem

Magic man 19:12 03 May 04

Automatic LiveUpdate no longer functions. Manual attemp to obtain Liveupdate Definitions ends in messages "LU6002 ..could not process", or "LU1806
your Definitions are up-to-date " I know they are not. Operated Windows XP for sometime without this problem. Is it a Norton update or something else that has caused this problem? How do I resolve the situation? I have already tried all the sugestions on Norton Symantec Support site for the LU6002 & LU 1806 problems, except cancelling Firewall, which I am worried about doing.

csqwared 20:47 03 May 04

I have a similar problem and it's the firewall that causes mine (Agnitun Outpost). Rightly or wrongly I disable the firewall for the brief period of the Norton Update and re-enable on completion. I then carry out a virus, spybot and ad-aware scan. No problems so gar doing this (touch wood!!!)

csqwared 20:48 03 May 04

So gar?? so far sounds better.

Magic man 01:26 04 May 04

csqwared supplied the answer to my problem. Diabling the Firewall whilst LiveUpdating enabled the updated definitions to be downloaded

Thanks Carl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…