Norton LiveUpdate problem

Norton LiveUpdate (for anti-virus) keeps stumbling during download and starting again which on slow dial-up connection is a pain. It says there are about 1300k to download but keeps zapping back to the start very few minutes. After 6 attempts I still haven't got the update. I'm on Win ME.
Gov

keverne 21:59 23 Aug 03

You haven't given any details of your browser but if if you are using Internet Exploer 6.0 I'd recommend you try this:-

Click on Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files, Delete Files.

If you are using something else post back here.

dessi 22:47 23 Aug 03

consider doing a defrag before loading any software on your system it may help things a bit

xania 12:56 24 Aug 03

If this download covers more than one application, try downloading the pplications one at a time. How mch unfragmented space do you have on the partiton which holds your software, and how much on your active partition, if different?

Thanks to all. I'm sure I have plenty of space but I will have a good springclean then have another go.
Gov

powerless 19:11 24 Aug 03

You could try the *.exe updating.

You'll have to download the *.exe file and then install it; the new update defs.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…