norton live updates

NIGEY 21:12 23 Sep 04

hi all,can anyone please help im running w xp with sp2 over the past two nights norton av 2003 is telling me vrus definitions needs attention so i click on live update it downloads ok but still tells me "live updates needs attention" can anyone please shred any light on this please and are my definitions up to date cause live update tells me it is but the main menu screen in norton tells me it needs attention ....thanx in advance any help truly appreiated
nigey ;-)

gudgulf 21:41 23 Sep 04

click here

Run the automated support assistant.It may be that you need to update "live update".

bertiecharlie 22:27 23 Sep 04

The latest Virus Definitions are dated 22/09/04. You will be receiving a System Status "Attention" warning if you have automatic updates turned off.

Ankermi31 16:52 23 Oct 04

Unless Norton are after you to upgrade to 2005 version.
Had a similar problem here my LiveUpdate suddenly has died on me saying it does not recognise my ISP. Eventually heard back from Symantex that my version no longer has any updates available (it is 2002) but why did they not have the courtesy of sending me an email telling me and what is going to happen to my 9 months subs I have paid for and no longer able to get.

Oh well have installed 2004 today and guess what got exactly the same answer cannot connect to ISP.
Everything that end is ok can connect to Internet and email any ideas anyone?

It's Me 16:57 23 Oct 04

Strange. My 2003 edition works just fine, with XP and SP2. And the auto updates keep rolling in practically daily.

CHAIRLEG 19:02 23 Oct 04

Norton works 2003 is the one i have and when i checked support system on norton web page it tells me that my copy is not supported and should be upgraded to 2005. Sometimes it will auto update and other times it doesn't but it will still update manually.Paid for till march 2005.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…