//some 3rd party need geo

Norton live update not updating!

Elvenator 15:58 03 Apr 05

I can't get norton antivirus to update, even though I have gone through live update several times, and tried to do it manually from the instructions on the Symantech website, it still says my virus definitions are out of date!
It says Systam Status: Urgent Attention
Why is this happening? Help please!

tristar 16:06 03 Apr 05

Have a look at 'NAV and LU1814' dated 10.03.05,
time 14:30.

It fixed it for me.

Klof Ron 16:07 03 Apr 05

click here and use the automated tool to check your programmes, the may be an "Update" to Live Update.

VoG II 16:08 03 Apr 05

click here

or are you getting a different error code (LUnnnn)?

tristar 16:09 03 Apr 05

PS:
For me the fix was to download 20050323-009-i32
from the Symantec website

Elvenator 22:12 04 Apr 05

I have tried all suggestions and I am still getting the message within my norton window that says that my virus definitions are out of date and to run liveupdate to get the latest virus definitions. I have had no specific error message or code! I don't know what to do next. This is very frustrating!
Any ideas??

p;3 22:27 04 Apr 05

?when is your subscription due?

VoG II 22:34 04 Apr 05

Do you have a firewall? If so try turning it off.

oldone 02:31 05 Apr 05

It may be your Virus Definitions date that's the problem.
If,in your Norton window,it shows "attention" beside Norton anti virus and a yellow triangle, double click on Norton anti virus and you can then check the Virus Definition date. I assume it should show the last time you downloaded the definitions. If there's a problem with the date try here. click here

Elvenator 23:20 07 Apr 05

HI Guys,

I have tried all suggestions and I have also done the last resort and un-installed and re-installed my Norton Antivirus Software, and still, My virus definitions are out of date after numerous Live updates.
Is there a support telephone number that I might be able to call? I really don't want to have to fork out for another antivirus software.
I'm so fed up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

billyliv 00:18 08 Apr 05

Hi, I had the same problem. Although my subscription isn't due until June my virus updates were stuck on 2nd. FEB. After many attemps, even contacting Norton my only recourse was to uninstal Norton completely. This is also a pain in the ****. I had to use Cyber Scrub to remove all Norton Files and also go into the registry to remove all Norton entries. My tip is to instal AVAST, it is good and it is free. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…