norton licence

lapnutty 16:06 28 Sep 06

hi

I have a question

I have a pc which has norton intertnet security on it 2006. Last week i bought a laptop with basic norton on it lasting 90 days.

can i load my norton internet security on 2 pc's or do i have the fork out a shed of money for a cd's!

thanks

Jackcoms 16:38 28 Sep 06

"do i have the fork out a shed of money for a cd's"

You don't have to fork out a "shed of money" (or any money) for any security programs.

Use click here for AV and click here for anti-malware.

Problem solved.

Totally-braindead 16:41 28 Sep 06

Technically speaking the rule is 1 PC and one licence. I would think that if you loaded it on it would not allow you to update as it would detect it was installed on 2 machines. It might work but even if it did you would definatly be breaking the agreement. Having said that I really dislike Norton and theres a lot of free stuff you could use instead.

powertron 16:41 28 Sep 06

I agree, I use Avast, and I find it one of the best AV's I have used in a while, and it's free:)
If you look hard enough, you don't have to pay for any cleaning software, there are a LOT of Free versions out there, and they work incredibly well.

sunny staines 19:09 28 Sep 06

i saw a recent advert that the new 2007 versions come with three licences as standard.

yaesu 20:02 28 Sep 06

Hi, here click here gives system requirements etc and here click here more details. It appears to include a licence for 1 PC. Personnaly, at £40 I'd opt for Avast and Outpost. Regards, yaesu

Ive 20:06 28 Sep 06

I installed it on 3 pc's no prob and all work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos