Norton Issue - Symantec Core LC won't start

Evolution 10:56 01 Sep 08

Hi,

Our wireless home network is protected by Norton Online AV and Firewall, which comes with BT Yahoo Internet.

It protects 4 laptops and we've never had any issues until the protection on my wife's laptop sudeenly stopped and required activation, which it simply would not do, despite numerous attempts.

After a re-install, (and I used the Norton removal tool first), the problem remained so I contacted BT and to their credit, they logged on to the laptop and spent an age looking in to the problem but, ultimately could not fix it, even after taking system logs etc.

Apparently it is all to do with the Symantec Core LC service not starting, despite attempts to do so and they are saying it has to be a windows issue and I should reinstall my operating system.

As everything else is working fine and based on some of the things you read about Norton, I'm loathe to do this and may instead go down the AVG / Commodo route.

But before I do, has anyone got any suggestions as I would prefer to keep Norton if I could.

Thanks,

Evo

User-1212661 00:31 11 Sep 08

Hello Evo,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

This issue is related to the Symantec/Norton licensing service. To resolve this issue, please run the fix tool from the link below.

NOTE: Use Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher only to run this tool.

[url=click here]Fix for Symantec Licensing[/url]

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

User-1212661 00:31 11 Sep 08

Hello Evo,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

This issue is related to the Symantec/Norton licensing service. To resolve this issue, please run the fix tool from the link below.

NOTE: Use Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher only to run this tool.

click here

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017