Norton Internet seucrity 2006 & Gost 10

baldyx 12:33 27 Feb 06

My Norton Internet seucrity ver 20005 is about to expire so should I get the above versions or are there any problems with the new versions?

Thanks.

Mytob 13:10 27 Feb 06

dont tuch nortan if i were you. id go for kaspersky av pro or nod32. as for firewalls th kaspersky one is aparntly very good and also sygate pro. norton is kinda miky mouse as products go and as its one of the only ones availabe in shops ppl dont no any better. the two mentioned will cost you about the same and will do a much better job in my opinion. norton 2006 i have noticed also slows down the performace of you pc tremendosly iv noticed as iv got systemworks and the firewall cause they wr going super cheap at a pc fair and im rather disapointed with them. i would also considering investing in a hardware firewall if you dont have one at the moment as iv found it woth its weight in gold as security goes but it is NOT! a substitute for a good software one aswell.

mattyc_92 14:13 27 Feb 06

Why pay for AntiVirus and Firewalls? There are plenty free ones out there

I use Avast! Home Edition for my Anti-Virus program from click here and ZoneAlarm from click here
Of course I also use programs such as Sybot S&D, LavaSoft AdAware, etc...

Tog_ 14:18 27 Feb 06

I'm running on an Athlon 2500+ with 512Mb of memory and a BT USB broadband modem. I have had no appreciable slowdown at all on 98SE or after I upgraded to XP using Norton IS 2006. I don't currently use the Parental controls or Private info blocker which may or may not affect things.

Pine Man 16:11 27 Feb 06

Just upgraded from NIS 2004 to 2006, no problems whatsoever and much better security. As Ghost 10 came free with it I also upgraded to that from Ghost 2003. It is a completely different program but wouldn't work properly on my PC (XP P4-2.4 1gb ram) for some unsolvable reason so I reinstalled Ghost 2003 and that never worked again! Now using Acronis True Image 9 and it is brilliant.

baldyx 11:58 28 Feb 06

Thaanks all.

mattyc_92 10:01 01 Mar 06

Please tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5