Norton Internet Security W98

BazC 17:22 15 May 04

NIS will not run parental controls on my Win98SE PC but does run them on XP. None of nortons ideas work eg clean boot, clearing download cache, reloading etc. Anyone any ideas what is stopping the loading.
Thanks

GaT7 17:35 15 May 04

It seems you've reinstalled NIS after a clean boot & it still will not work. Is this correct? Do the other options work OK? Does this happen even after installing all the NIS updates - not just the automatic ones? Do you have all the Windows updates installed correctly? To check this you could install & run Belarc - click here. Is your PC free of ad/spyware? Which version of NIS are you using?

I'm on NIS 2003 & Win98se too, & all works fine.

GaT7 21:34 15 May 04

From email - "Hi thanks. I loaded the software which tells me two updates have failed. I'll try and re load them. I have NIS 2004 and run Adaware which says there is no spyware running. All updates including non automatic ones are supposedly loaded. Let you know how this works out." B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…