Norton internet security turned off

jon55uk 20:40 18 Jun 03

The internet security has turned itself off (I dont think I did it) and now it says I do not have permission to view or change settings, these are only available to the supervisor. I am the only user of the machine. Any help appreciated.

VoG® 20:57 18 Jun 03

You didn't mention which version of NIS or Windows so some guesswork has gone into finding this click here

jon55uk 21:29 18 Jun 03

running xp and NIS 2003

VoG® 21:31 18 Jun 03

I guessed right then! Follow the instructions in the link that I posted.

jon55uk 21:31 18 Jun 03

Thanks VoG much appreciated. trying it now. Thanks

jon55uk 21:49 18 Jun 03

cant seem to open the nisum zip file. Couldnt work out how to save to desktop so saved to my downloads could this be problem?
Im sdure this seems to be the correct diagnosis.

Gaz 25 21:52 18 Jun 03

Dont download the latest update, NISUM didnt work for me, only a uninstall and reinstall, also does your system not shutdown?

Same problem here.

jon55uk 21:53 18 Jun 03

have had some problems shutting down yes

PSF 21:54 18 Jun 03

I have just done this fix on my pc.
After you have downloaded the file open it with Win Zip and then extract it to your Location of Norton Internet Security. Mine is C:Program files/Norton Internet Security. Shut down your computer and then restart and it should work.

VoG® 21:55 18 Jun 03

I don't understand why it won't work from any location but...

Double click on the zip file, select Save.

In the dialog box that appears click on Desktop in the left hand pane. If that doesn't work, on the top toolbar click on the folder with the green arrow (tooltip "Up one level") a couple of times and you should arrive at the Desktop.

jon55uk 21:56 18 Jun 03

double clicking or right click and open do nothing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…