//some 3rd party need geo

Norton Internet Security renewal

freaky 20:37 23 Dec 05

I have NIS 2004 installed on two networked PC's, on the one PC the renewal date has expired.

I have not renewed because I am waiting for the January sales, when I hope to be able to purchase NIS 2006 at a cheaper price.

My question is - if I do buy NIS 06 - can I install it on the two PC's and still obtain updates for both PC's via Live Update.

I know a number of you will say use the free AntiVirus programs that are available - I am aware of these, but require a specific answer to my question first so that I can consider the options.

Many thanks, and Happy Xmas to all of you - and hope you have a trouble free Computing 2006 !

ade.h 20:45 23 Dec 05

When you buy one copy, you buy one license; it's not like MS Office's laptop/desktop thing.

VoG II 20:53 23 Dec 05

And now that Norton uses Activation I doubt that you could get round that, even if you wanted to (I am not suggesting that you do).

Skills 21:01 23 Dec 05

You'll have to buy a copy for each machine me thinks.

interzone55 21:09 23 Dec 05

You can buy a NIS 2006 2-user pack from symantec's web-shop, although when I checked at 21:08 23/12/05 the link wasn't working.

freaky 21:18 23 Dec 05

That sounds promising, I must say that I am biased towards NIS as it has served me well in the past - but there are possible alternatives !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…