Norton Internet Security problem

allclear 07:30 10 Jan 05

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me.

I am having a problem with Norton Internet Security and AntiVirus - Whenever I load up the PC, it tells me that ccApp.exe (the Norton file) is running, but it doesn't appear in the bottom right hand corner of the start bar.
Furthermore, when I go to run liveupdate, it gives me errors, saying that it cannot liveupdate because it was aborted during the preprocessing step.

Can anyone help?

david.h 08:43 10 Jan 05

has this been as a result of the recent update from norton

feb 09:01 10 Jan 05

Hi allclear

click here and then click on the link thats relevant to your version, it may give you a solution

allclear 07:24 11 Jan 05

Thanks for your replies.

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been due to a recent update from Norton, as I turned the machine on one day, and it just wasn't there, and therefore, I got worried.

Thank you for the link, feb, but unfortunately, I had tried that a few days back to no avail. All it advises me to do is to uninstall and reinstall norton, which I have tried.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

david.h 14:58 11 Jan 05

I had this and had to reinstall norton firewall 2005. after this all worked ok.

allclear 19:02 11 Jan 05

Thanks for your response david.h.

Unfortunately, I've tried to unistall it and reinstall it, but to no avail. Could this be because I'm running a 2003 version (which has now been discontinued by Symantec)? If so, this is a case of severe lack of service for customers still subscribed on their old products (I had to fork out another year's subscription in August, only for this to happen). Quite frustrating really.

Anymore help would be very much appreciated.

skaria 19:35 11 Jan 05

Try to contact norton support. They are extremely helpful. They bhelped me with my problem, and they reply nearly 24 hours a day. Definitely give them a try. Hope this helps. Skaria

GaT7 20:04 11 Jan 05

allclear, follow these instructions CAREFULLY - Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall 2003 click here= (come back if you need any help). It's what Symantec support will probably tell you anyway.

I've had to do it 10-20 times in the last 2 years - that's why when my subs ran out last month I uninstalled NAV & installed the free AVG. (Have retained the Firewall component of NIS2003 as it is running OK, & still holds its own against the online firewall tests available.) G

allclear 22:01 11 Jan 05

Thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately skaria, due to the fact that this product is discontinued by Symantec, they no longer provide technical support for this product, which I think is a bit of a let-down.

Crossbow7, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall using the methods in the link provided, but unfortunately, they do not work, and I am back to square 1.

I think one of the problems is due to the iSearch Desktop Bar that keeps popping up at the start up (as all startup items have to be disabled).

Any further help would be very much appreicated.

JoeC 22:14 11 Jan 05

Have a read here

click here

Lettervanman 22:21 11 Jan 05

Allclear, have a look at my thread,may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…