NORTON INTERNET SECURITY PRO DOWNLOAD

Kibo Kid 22:08 13 Feb 03

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Norton Internet Security Professional 2003 upgrade to replace my 2002 installation.
I downloaded the 75Mb file overnight on my desktop in my client's office via a 24/7 connection here in Guatemala where I am on assignment. The installation is required on my own Toshiba 2800-500 notebook (upgraded to Windows XP Pro)
This morning the download was complete and I transferred all the folders and files to the Toshiba.
On attempting to install, it warned me that another AV program was running, although I only had NIS/AV 2002, and my notebook is NOT on the office network any more. It was once, but I cannot find any trace of other AV software which may have been sent to it by the server which runs McAfee.
The warning advised me to deinstall.
The first and subsequent attempts resulted in what seemed a normal installation, then suddenly a roll back window appeared with the NIS installation program and undid everything!
I then did a system restore to Tuesday this week, THEN deinstalled NIS/NAV 2002, and tried another installation - SAME RESULT!!!!!
I have tried all the options in the Knowledgebase on the Symantec site, but the only left is to phone them and pay 18 pounds for the incident, plus the line was closed today with the 6 hour time difference.
Now I have NO AV protection!! Any ideas anyone?

Philip2 22:34 13 Feb 03

Have you done a search in windows search??type in Symantec if nothing shows up type Norton and do the same with Mcafee and delete them.
Macafee and Norton conflict.
I have had this problem myself two years ago but i ended up doing a reformat and a full OS install.
There may be people that are better up on I.T than i am on the forum that could help you more.

Kibo Kid 23:09 13 Feb 03

I have already tried those options and had justed started to think about the reformat option when I read your reply! Bang goes the weekend, even if the sun does shine here like it does every day in Guatemala.

Philip2 01:36 14 Feb 03

I forgot to say i also use software called Cyber scrub this is very good for clearing your HD of deleted files when i first installed it it took three hours it did a good job on my computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…