Norton Internet Security - Live Update

Grundy02 04:46 19 Nov 08

The System Status shows that "URGENT ATTENTION" is required to updating the Virus Definition.

I have run the Live Update, but the Virus Definition still shows a date of 12/04/2005 and says it needs attention. But having run Live Update again, the screen message reads that all sections have been updated.

I am concerned i may be exposed to viruses, with the Definition of 12/04/2005.

Can anyone please advise how i can bring the Definition up to date?

birdface 09:30 19 Nov 08

If an older version of Norton you are using maybe better upgrading it.You get free upgrades with some security programs.Just wondering if maybe your clock and date time is set wrong.

sunnystaines 11:16 19 Nov 08

norton will give you a free update to latest version till the end of your subscription, contact their support on free livechat

Grundy02 03:33 20 Nov 08

My thanks to buteman and sunnystaines for their suggestions. Checked clock and date time - OK.
I then went on to Live Chat at Norton and linked with a Technician. It took him nearly an hour to resolve the problem by using his remote control of my PC - included downloading a special programme from Symantec Tools, which took 15 mins.

But eventually he resolved the problem. Good service from Norton and my thanks for the initial suggestion.

birdface 08:02 20 Nov 08

It was good service from Norton.We hear from others how difficult it is to get help from there security providers.It is refreshing to hear of good service for a change.Well done and nice to know that you now have the problem fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…