norton internet security installation

Trotter2 16:32 03 Jun 07

i've just purchased norton internet security 2007, problem is that despite removing nis 2006 i still can't install new version!there's about four days of previous subscription to run and i keep getting message telling me there's five days left. i've even tried running norton clean-up tool! still got same problem. how do i remove original version and install new without old subscription coming up every time?

brundle 16:42 03 Jun 07

"norton clean-up tool" - do you mean Norton Removal Tool (click here)? That should remove any trace, though if it hasn't you may want to use Search to locate Norton and Symantec folders once you've rebooted and delete those too before starting your new install.

Trotter2 16:55 03 Jun 07

have tried locating files and folders for both norton and symantec but computer won't allow me to delete them. also during first attempt to install new software i was told to remove spybot s+d.which i have used with norton since new!

birdface 19:08 03 Jun 07

Run the Norton removal tool that Brundle left you.Then run C Cleaner,Then reinstall Norton.

Trotter2 19:38 04 Jun 07

thanks for the tip buteman. however, I've now done this three times and am still getting the days of old subscription coming up on screen! just can't even get to put new product key in! also ran search after c cleaner just to make sure it was all gone. don't know what to try next! still stumped!

Community1 20:24 04 Jun 07
  birdface 20:54 04 Jun 07

Ok ,1st time that has not worked,The only other way that I have heard of is to Run the Norton removal Tool,Run C Cleaner,And then go into Norton or Symantec and download a different pay for version,Once downloaded just add the keycode that you have already been given ,And hopefully that should work.

Trotter2 21:55 04 Jun 07

thanks buteman and community 1 for your help. will let u know the results as soon as poss. appreciate your suggestions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…