Norton Internet Security -Blocked Intrusions

SURVEY 14:37 09 Nov 05

I have run Norton AV and Internet Security for some years. I appreciate that the products slow the computer down and also that Technical Support is almost hopeless. However I must admit that I have never had a virus or other problem. At present I have NIS 2005 and it runs OK.

However I occasionally getpop-up message ststing something like 'An attempt was made to access your computer. This was blocked. Do you want to view who was trying to access...'. If I click 'Yes' absolutely nothing happens. Can anyone help as to why this feature is not working?

I have tried to use Symantec's Knowledge Base without success. I have scoured their very cleverly designed website that seems to deliberatley obstruct anyone then trying to contact their technical department by email. I found an old email address for support and have sent an email but a) I will probably wait for ever for a reply or b) will direct me to their Knowledge Base or c)I will never get a reply.

It would be very useful if PCA ran an article on the efficiency and quality of support for products in any product review as for some of us the quality of support is as important as the quality of the product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…