Norton Internet Security

Oscar 20:21 02 Jul 05

I want to change a firewall rule and am logged in as supervisor but NIS is not giving me access to do any changes or searches.
The program scan button is greyed out any ideas?

mattyc_92 21:26 02 Jul 05

What "scan" button are we talking about... There is no scan button for the firewall

Oscar 22:01 02 Jul 05

Gi in to Firewall configure - program control 4 butons on the bottom all greyed out , last one is program scan.
I need to access these buttons.

Pooke 22:20 02 Jul 05

The scan button scans the PC for programs that can access the internet on your computer. I can't remember how to get the options he wants tho, I ditched NIS months back.

gizajob 23:59 02 Jul 05

Hi, I,m running NIS and am aware of the 4 buttons you mention but I have never seen them all greyed out. The normal status is the 1st(Add) and 4th(Program Control)live and the 2nd(modify)and 3rd(remove) greyed out. If you select i.e left click any program then the greyed out buttons become active. I can only suggest you select any program in the list to see if all the buttons become active. I am not aware of any way you can alter the normal status of these buttons and have them all greyed out but I suppose there may be a setting that locks the program control dialogue box. Maybe a password or something to avoid someone enabling blocked programs. I have never gone into setting passwords in Norton.

Hope this helps.

mattyc_92 09:36 03 Jul 05

Oh... You mean the button labelled "Program Scan" in the "Configure" option?

I think I am with you now.... They are greyed out here as I haven't logged in as aa "supervisor"... I don't know why they should be greyed out if you are a "supervisor"... Have you tried re-installing (you will have to download all the updates again)

Oscar 20:35 03 Jul 05

Reinstalled but that did not work so uninstalled again ran Symantec NRT then reinstalled again and all is fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…