Norton Internet Security 2007

A1 Ger 16:50 05 Jan 07

Hopefully someone can help a complete computer illiterate. I'm currently running Norton 2006 and renewal time is coming up. I was wondering that since the renewal cost works out to be around £45 is there any reason not to purchase the package through (say Amazon) and simply install it again? Quite a saving given Amazon are offering the Internet Security package for £25.

VoG II 16:52 05 Jan 07

Why not save even more by replacing Norton with AVG click here and Zone Alarm click here - both are free.

xania 16:56 05 Jan 07

I was quoted only £15 for Systemworks 2005, but opted to buy Norton Internet Security from PC World for £24.99.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:40 05 Jan 07

Download the free ones that VoG™ linked to. There is absolutely no need for a home user to pay for ANY home PC security. With the momney saved buy a 1Gb memory stick...this will be of much more use.

G

Geord 19:34 05 Jan 07

My renewal for Norton is coming up likewise.

I like the idea of the free replacements above - presumably it would be necessary to uninstall Norton before downloading these?, or can they be downloaded first and then installed separately after uninstalling Norton (I'm thinking of being protected whilst downloading the replacements!)

Also, any advice on the best way to uninstall Norton - presumably through "Add / Remove Programmes?" Just want to make sure there's no conflict when setting up the replacements.

Many Thanks

RobCharles1981 19:37 05 Jan 07

You will need this Geord:

click here

You will not go wrong on the free products.

VoG II 20:05 05 Jan 07

Download and save the files. Don't install them yet.

Disconnect from the internet.

Uninstall Norton.

Install AGV and ZA.

Jimmy14 20:16 05 Jan 07

You should buy it from Amazon, it is a great price for Norton. My friend bought it from PC WORLD today for £24.99 likewise I did 2 weeks ago.

Geord,
I would renew my subscription with the 2007 version if I was you.

surfer girl 20:25 05 Jan 07

Just a thought, I downloaded a free Norton security package from my ISP BT Yahoo Internet this afternoon and I have heard that other ISP's supply security software too. Have a look at your ISP home page just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017