Norton Internet Security 2006 on a network

Sparkly 18:31 25 Sep 06

Hi everyone i have just set up my old pc on a network to my main pc, i have NIS 2006 installed on the main pc, could anyone tell me do i need any internet security/anti virus software on the second pc or am i protected by the software on the main pc? If it is needed can i use the NIS 2006 disc to install the software on the second networked pc or do i have to splash £££ out again
Thanks in advance.

Belatucadrus 20:23 25 Sep 06

NIS 2006 will be protecting the machine it's on and that's all, as to multiple installations from one copy, read the license as some AVs permit a second installation, this is however usually limited to a laptop and can't be run concurrent with the main PC.
Try one of the freebies, they're perfectly good click here

Aargh 20:32 25 Sep 06

I've got one licence for NIS on the wired PC and use Avast!(free download/updates) on the wireless ones. Not had any problems with either.

With the belkin firewall on the router everything seems pretty secure.

Sparkly 20:33 25 Sep 06

Thanks Belatucadrus that was a very helpful link.
Cheers.

Sparkly 20:36 25 Sep 06

Thanks allso to you Aargh as seen on the link from Belatucadrus Avast seems a worthy choice.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…