Norton Internet Security 2005 - problems

Maggie1 14:18 19 Sep 05

I have used Norton Internet Security 2005 for about two years without problems. Now it has started labelling my e.mails as Spam, even when they are obviously quite innocent. I have disabled the Spam scanning, but it makes no difference. It has been suggested I get rid of the program and use McAffe. Any thoughts.

Taff36 14:39 19 Sep 05

Get rid of it and use Avast! antivirus - free to home users and uses less resources. Highly recommended by many of the regulars on the forum. Whatever you do don`t throw good money after bad by switching to McAfee (SIC)

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:50 19 Sep 05

There is no need for a home user to pay for an AV and payment provides no better protection. Avast or AVG and you will have no problems.

freaky 16:14 19 Sep 05

How can you have used NIS 2005 for two years, it's 2005 now!! You must have NIS 2003.

With Norton Anti-Spam if it labels an email as spam, then all you do is click on the message > open NAS> click on >this is not spam. It will then add the address to your permitted list.

pj123 16:40 19 Sep 05

Yes I agree with Taff36, get rid of it. It has had lots of complaints and uses up too many resources on your computer. I tried it but it took me about 3 days to get rid of it alltogether.

There are plenty of free programs that do the same job as NIS 2005. AGV, Adaware, Spybot, Spywareblaster and ZoneAlarm to name but a few.

ade.h 17:05 19 Sep 05

Who suggested that you spend throw good money after bad by buying McAffee? You'll get fewer problems but other than that it's no better. The above suggestion of Avast! is superior. Use Sygate for your firewall and Ad-Aware for malware scanning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…