Norton Internet Security 2005 & MSN Messenger 6.2

Mr Confused 16:02 05 Feb 05

I am using Internet Security 2005, however when I have the Internet Security turned on I cannot connect to MSN Messenger 6.2.

When I do try to connect, all that happens is the Norton Pop-up repeatly appears over the Windows Icon Tray saying 'Rules automatically created for the program: Microsoft MSN Messenger' and then eventually an MSN
Window appears saying that 'there was a problem connecting you to MSN messenger' and suggests that you press the Troubleshoot Button only for
the Troubleshoot not to respond and the program crashes.

Please note that MSN works fine when the Internet Security is disabled, and I have also manually permited the program to work through the Firewall settings - however this has not done anything to help.

I have tried Symantec but they were no help - any suggestions?

mattyc_92 16:04 05 Feb 05

Open up Interent Securit and click onto Firewall... Now click onto the "configure" button on the right... Go to the "Programs" tab and look for MSN and delete it... Now try using MSN again and it should connect... You may have put the parental controls onto your account, so try disabling it for your account

Mr Confused 16:15 05 Feb 05

I tried doing that but it has made no difference.

mattyc_92 16:24 05 Feb 05

hmmm... Have you tried looking fo it under the different networks as well, e.g work, office, home, other???

Mr Confused 16:53 05 Feb 05

Tried that too still no change. Can't work out what's wrong with it. It's only this program that seems to be affected.

mattyc_92 17:03 05 Feb 05

Try uninstalling MSN and reinstalling it.. If this doesn't reslove this problem, then the only thing you can do is to uninstall Internet Secruity, but you will then have to download all the updates again once you re-install it...

Mr Confused 17:12 05 Feb 05

Have previously tried uninstalling MSN Messenger with no joy, will try uninstalling Internet Security and get back to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…