Norton Internet security 2005 - firewall prob

Haysi 13:16 28 Dec 04

Any ideas/suggestions on how I configure norton firewall, I keep getting 'Program control' warnings about various programs trying to access the internet, I have tried setting all the programs I use regularly to 'permit all' but this did not seem to make any difference, one warning that I get repeatedly is for ccApp.exe which appears to be part of Norton, also when I get the warnings the only options I get are 'permit once' or 'block', I understand from the help files and the symantec support pages that there should be an option to 'always use this action' but I am never offered this.

bretsky 13:30 28 Dec 04

sp2 perhaps, I presume you're running xp, also try running live update and as for ccApp.exe
click here

bretsky ;0)

JoeC 13:40 28 Dec 04

Internet Security,go into Personal Firewall then Configure.Now go into Programmes, put a tick in " Turn on Automatic Programme Control " and do a programme scan. This will show you all the programmes that you have on your computer which are capable of accessing the internet. Go through each one in turn and either allow / block etc. That should set it up the way you want. : }

Haysi 14:12 28 Dec 04

Thanks for the suggestions but I think I have tried these, (yes am running xp pro with sp2) have just been trying 'custom rules' for the firewall, which helps a bit but it does not seem to offer any better protection than XP's firewall now.

Technotiger 19:11 28 Dec 04

Hi, a better Firewall than XP-SP2 and Norton is the free Zone Alarm. Have a look through this Forum and you will see many experts saying what is basically the same thing. Get rid of Norton and don't bother with XP Firewall. Cheers.

Technotiger 20:06 28 Dec 04

Hi again, just type Zone Alarm or Norton in the Search box on the left and you will see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017