Norton Internet Security 2005

micemews 20:15 05 Dec 05

I have had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed for about 8 months and the renewal of about £59 will be due in 4 months. However NIS 2006 is on sale at PC World at half price (£25)

Is it better to buy the 2006 version now whilst it is on offer and install it later and if I did so would I have to uninstall the old version first, and would there be a problem uninstalling it? or :-

Should I renew my subscription on the due date, in which case would the renewal automaticaly update my NIS to the 2006 version?

sunny staines 20:31 05 Dec 05

go for pc world deal, it has extra bits eg antispyware.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:45 05 Dec 05

Personally I would go for AVG AV, MS Antispy and Sygate firewall. These are as good if not better than Norton, will provide better protection and use a lot less resources....and they are free. there is no need for home users to pay for security.

VoG II 21:06 05 Dec 05

If you decide to go for the 2006 version you need to uninstall 2005 first. You may need to use this click here

Renewing your subscription would not update you to the 2006 version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…