Norton Internet Security 2005

podlod 11:54 12 Jul 05

I have just bought Norton Internet Security 2005 and before I download this to my PC, Apart from shutting certain things down does it affect certain items, games, office etc, and what do I have to look for just in case? I wont put it on until someone tells me theres no problem, cheers, Bryan.

mattyc_92 11:57 12 Jul 05

Norton DOESN'T work with other Anti-Virus programs... Sometimes it just refuses to install if it detects another A-V installed...

Norton slows your system down (not too much, but just enough to notice) and it SHOULD work in the background while you play any game you wish....

I would backup ALL your data just incase, but I haven't really had a problem with NIS2005 yet. Others may have...

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:58 12 Jul 05

Norton can slow down a computer considerably and personally I would have gone for the free AVG AV and Sysgate free firewall as they use much less power. However you should be able to load Norton without too much of a problem. I would make sure all your programmes are closed (office, games) and then load it.

pj123 17:29 12 Jul 05

I think you need to: click here and read all these previous threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…