Norton Internet Security 2004 Standard or Pro?

Blitzer 16:06 12 Apr 04

Posted on behalf of my g/f....
Currently have Internet Security 2003 installed, and my subscription runs out in a few days. Not sure whether to just renew my subscription (had problems doing this in the past), or upgrade to NIS 2004.

I've read some negative comments about the 2004 standard version and although the "Pro" version seems to fare better, I can see little difference feature-wise between the 2 packages. In fact I would only gain one feature by going for the "Pro" version.

I don't understand why the 2 versions receive such conflicting comments/reviews as surely both are based on the same core program?

Any advice/comments much appreciated, although I'm not particularly interested in changing to another brand as so far I've not had any problems with Norton/Symantec. :)

ade.h 16:22 12 Apr 04

I recently upgraded due to a need for subscription renewal, like you, and apart from one glitch click here it has been fine. The only caveat I have is that it is not quite as fine-tunable as the '03 version, which may affect some websites. So far, though, I haven't encountered any problems of that type. I use the standard version.

GaT7 17:45 12 Apr 04

if you're happy with it, buying another NIS 2003 version disc . You'll have to uninstall the expiring one & install the new one. There'll be many MBs of updates! click here= for the best prices. Determine with the seller before buying whether GENUINE Symantec discs or not. This is what I did last year - no regrets so far : )

yaesu 17:53 12 Apr 04

Hi folks,
I use NAV 2001 and have had no problem paying to continue access to the live update facility via their web site. I'll no doubt have to update it fully soon but it works well with Zonealarm.
Regards, Yaesu

accord 18:22 12 Apr 04

my first years subscription ran out in dec 03 and i have paid the £20 for continued access. no problems whatsoever using NIS2003 on XP home. Live update has been updating everyother day recently with all the new viruses coming out. I would recommend continue the subscription iff your g/f has had no problems.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:49 12 Apr 04

Why not use AVG anti-virus click here and Outpost firewall from click here? They are both free and are just as good, if not better than NIS....why pay?

G

citadel 23:11 12 Apr 04

I have upgraded to 2004 version, when I installed, it auto deleted the 2003 version and allowed me to keep my settings. The firewall now has a pop up and pop under stopper and there is an option to block ads. The av has been improved.

Blitzer 01:05 13 Apr 04

Thanks for all the replies - the g/f has now opted to renew her virus definitions rather than upgrade. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…