Norton Internet Security 2004 Installation Problem

A J G 10:10 25 Oct 03

I've managed to screw up the installation of NIS 2004 as follows:

(1) First installation didn't include NAV because I had an older version running on the PC. I didn't realise the importance of the error message while I was going through the install.

(2) Having got the rest of NIS up and running I started playing with the parental control restrictions creating a supervisor account and teenager account, with the teenager as default at logon.

(3) Realised the problem with NAV, so unintsalled the old version and re-installed NIS 2004. However didn't select other NIS features thinking they would remain unaffected.

(4) Now have a PC with NAV running correctly, but no access to NIS options because NIS won't allow me to logon on to the supervisor account.

Can't uninstall the product for the same reason. All manual uninstalls on the Symantec site refer to NIS 2003 or earlier.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alan

gold 47 10:23 25 Oct 03

The worst thing you can do is uninstall bits of Norton you could try doing a search for norton and delete these files then do a search for symantec and delete these,but in the end it would be quicker todo a format and reinstall your OS we all learn by errors of are ways of coarse all data will be lost.

christmascracker 11:22 25 Oct 03

Have you had a look on the syantec site?

click here

christmascracker 11:24 25 Oct 03

Sorry, didn't read your thread properly.

What OS are you on, if XP or ME have you tried a system restore

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…