Norton Internet Security 2004 via DSL

Patri 19:52 03 Mar 04

Help! I bought and installed Norton Internet Security 2004 as I was advised it was the best going. Since installation I can only access the net if I disable the *&@ thing. Norton customer services say this is a known problem and there is a way round it but they didn't know what! Refered me to their website but the only info I can find is to overcome update problems. I'm told I need to speak to their tech help team but from what I can gather it will cost me £18 a go. Can anyone advise (in idiot language please as I'm a bit of a PC virgin).

temp003 06:32 04 Mar 04

After you installed it, did you configure NIS in relation to your "Home Network"? If you use a network card to access the internet, that's your network, even though there's only one computer.

Don't know whether this is the answer, but you can try if you haven't.

I don't use NIS 2004, but have Norton Personal Firewall 2003. For the firewall, you should be allowed to configure it. See if there's a tab for Home networking. Select the tab, and if there's a "wizard" button, click that, and just follow the prompts, and accept the defaults. NIS should detect your network connections and allow communications through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…