Norton Internet Security 2004

SURVEY 09:51 06 Oct 06

Does anyone know when Symantec plan to withdraw support for NIS2004? I have emailed Symantec after negotiating their horrendously complex website but as usual when I pose a question to them their staff always respond initially with a standard reply that does not actually address the specific question raised. All they are interested in doing is selling NIS2007.

In setting up computers for friends I use AVG, Mailwasher,Zonealarm, Spybot and Adaware quite satisfactorily and will probably drop NIS from my own computer when the technical support is withdrawn as I just cannot stand the (lack of accepatble) service from Symantec - and we pay for the privilege!! However I must confess that I have never had a virus using NIS.

If I do drop Symantec, do I need any other protection other than the 5 programs mentioned above?

Diodorus Siculus 10:12 06 Oct 06

AVG, Mailwasher,Zonealarm, Spybot and Adaware

To that list I'd add SpywareBlaster click here

It prevents a lot of spyware getting on to start with.

I prefer Avast to AVG but that's down to personal preference.

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 06 Oct 06

I don't know when Symantec will drop NIS2004 support but if I were you, I wouldn't renew a subscription for it.

SURVEY 10:24 06 Oct 06

Just had a further response from Symantec stating that they presently support NIS2004. What they have not done agin is say WHEN they intend to drop support for this. Knowing my luck it wuold be just after I renew my subscription to them in November this year!! I hear AVG etc calling me!

SURVEY 10:25 06 Oct 06

Diodorus Siculus. Thanks for your reply. What does Spyblaster do that Spybot etc do not?

Diodorus Siculus 10:28 06 Oct 06

SpywareBlaster
"Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

# Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
# Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
# Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background."
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac