Norton Internet security 2004.

Raquelmanny 20:32 28 Jul 04

I was using norton 2003 and seen as it was such a good product I decided to buy the new version. Nothing has work right since I bought it. I have installed and re-installed on numerous occasions.
The problems I am having at the moment is I cannot update Live update to the new version and the Parental controls do not work and I need this as it was one of the main reasons for buying to keep my son safe on the internet.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Raquel.

chugby 20:55 28 Jul 04

could be still have previous NAV registry items
(see C:\My Documents\How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus by using the Rnav2003_exe removal utility.htm ), and need to reinstall but recommend though you contact Symantec tech support as maybe other issues, normally good at responding.

chugby 21:00 28 Jul 04

...sorry bad prev link, click here

Raquelmanny 21:07 28 Jul 04

Thanks Chugby for the advice, but before installing I removed everything from computer to do with norton including all that was in the registry. But still failed to work properly. At the end of my tether with it, will soon be in the bin!

Raquelmanny 21:29 28 Jul 04

Have tried the removal tool just in case. Will try and re-install again. Fingers crossed this time!

sattman 21:47 28 Jul 04

Did you follow the full removal advice from the Symatec click here=

I assume from your thread that you removed all associated folders before reinstall

And also you noted the need to close all running programmes

Raquelmanny 21:52 28 Jul 04

Hi Sattman, Yes I printed the info from the sight out and followed the advise, did a clean boot, removed all files, but still doesnt work properly. Don't really know what else to do. But thanks anyway.

TommyRed 22:27 28 Jul 04

Download and use one of the free ones until Symantec resolve your problem. You'll need to completely remove NIS before putting the freebie on and remember to remove the frebie before putting NIS back on. This is the freebie I use click here HTH TR

sattman 07:50 29 Jul 04

Raquelmanny

It was a mistake that you stopped using Norton 2003
You really did not need to replace to remain fully protected the live updates provided by Symantec give you the most recent protection.

Can you tell us what happens when you try to update.
What errors or messages do you get?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…