NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004

jim2 13:18 20 Jun 04

I have recently installed Norton Internet Security
2004.While on the internet I am frequently -to my intense annoyance- Having the program controlmessage that a remote system is trying to access the computer and requesting action.
While understanding the reason for this I can find no way in the instruction manual of stopping the interruption without turning off the security.

It has interupted 12 times whilst I was typing this.
Help before I go Mad..

VoG II 14:40 20 Jun 04

Instruction manual page 108.

In the main window double click Intrusion Detection

Untick Notify me when intrusion detection blocks connections.

Click OK

jim2 13:47 21 Jun 04

Thanks-VoG but I have been operating with -Intrusion Detection Blocks - Unticked and the
Program Control Bock is still coming up when on the net.

bruern 19:24 16 Jul 04

I am having the same problem. I've followed all the advice in the manual and on the Symantec website, but Security Alerts are still driving me mad and sometimes making the pc unusable. Any further suggestions?

carolyne 20:11 16 Jul 04

i had norton internet security 2004, i am a big online gamer, this also happens to me, also it makes my games crash, after much research im still clueless to why this happens, i went back to norton firewall 2004 and anti-virus 2004, now all is ok

terminus 20:23 16 Jul 04

I need some advice here, I have N 2003 paid up 'til the 7th of next year.

And to disable all those paranoid alerts, all I did was right click on the green globe icon, and switch em off.

is 2004 different?

terminus 21:16 16 Jul 04

d'doo d'doo whistle.

cga 21:38 16 Jul 04

I am not sure about 2003 (I have IS 2004) but if I right click on the globe in the task bar I get a number of options including DISABLE. This disables the firewall - so no messages. I do get preiods of Trojan Sub 7 attacks but it is not too bad (BB with 1&1).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009