norton internet security 2004

Tree3 16:43 29 May 04

i upgraded my pc and got it all configured but when i reinstalled NIS 2004 it says encounted an error is this due to the registration system recording the computers identity, because i have changed the motherboard and processor just leaving the hard drive

Tree3 16:54 29 May 04

any ideas???

ayrmail 17:10 29 May 04

have you tried help and support symantec if you have BB they have an auto system which worked for me

Tree3 21:36 29 May 04

could you give me the address, also it installs but comes up with licence error and then every so often comes up with 'norton internet security can encountered errors please reinstall it'

VoG II 21:43 29 May 04

Norton contact details in this thread click here

GaT7 21:57 29 May 04

Symantec Online Support - click here, make your selections, click on 'continue' & follow the process. Make sure to articulate your problem very clearly the first time round. They sometimes badly misunderstand & give you the wrong solutions! Good luck, G

ayrmail 23:31 29 May 04

sorry went out have you tried the link Crossbow7
gave you if so any joy.
ive looked in but as i dont know your exact error i asume it is similar to the one i had and these where the opptions.
Verify permissions.
R

Now, based on what you told me I understand that:
You renewed your subscription, but it is still expired.
You have a question about subscription expiration.
After reformatting your hard drive, your subscription is expired.

Symantec:
After reformatting your hard drive, you need to contact Symantec to restore your subscription

on the site restore your subscription is a link which will take you through

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…