NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004

RKMonty 12:56 18 Apr 04

Me confused.....loaded new Norton Internet Security 2004 yesterday....looked ok.

Today....Icon is shown on desktop. Unable to open it to show 'details' of NIS........put CD back in PC and it said already loaded.

Would be grateful of any ideas !! Thanks/

Try uninstall then reinstall.

RKMonty 13:17 18 Apr 04

When I try to 'Remove' program a message comes up.........'A Symantec product installer is already running'....so it doen't let me uninstall.........

Eric10 13:35 18 Apr 04

Have you tried to uninstall from safe mode?

crimbo 13:38 18 Apr 04

If you go to the suport section of the Symantec website, you can download a utility to totally eradicate previous installations from your system

rickimalone 13:38 18 Apr 04

Had same problems a while back only thing that saved me was the symantec on-line help click here

Its very much trial and error but I got there in the end....... Try letting the automatic system check your PC on the website........

Another tip write down all error messages and the and error codes and enter them to the knolwedge base and you should get there in the end.........

Good luck.

RKMonty 13:43 18 Apr 04

Just did a reboot and NIS seems to have come to life again...........thanks for all your help.....

GaT7 13:51 18 Apr 04

To uninstall Norton Internet Security 2004 if Add/Remove Programs does not work:

For Win 2K/XP - click here=

For Win 98/Me -click here=

Also must read - "Reinstalling your Symantec program after a failed installation or after you see error messages" click here= - contains useful advice (some not so obvious) to get the reinstall right with the least possible problems. Following the advice may also minimise future problems.

RKMonty 13:55 18 Apr 04

Thanks....Crossbow7.....great info.....will keep for future ref....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…