//some 3rd party need geo

Norton Internet Security 2003

Oxyjon 17:45 17 May 03

Can anyone help a novice solve this
I have NIS 2003 installed and everything seems great, but when I try to look
at some web pages none of the links work. I can turn off ad blocking and
they run ok but there must be another way to do this.
site I tried to use is click here.

Grateful for any help oxy

barrie_g 17:56 17 May 03

check your settings for cookies as if you have it set too high you might have probs with some web pages.

TomG 17:58 17 May 03

I've just tried the site - I cannot get some of the links to work either and I don't have any bother with any other site - could be the site is having problems

Andrew P 19:43 17 May 03

...to ignore a certain site.

1. Open NIS2003

2. Click 'Options', then 'Internet Security'

3. Click the 'web content' tab.

4. Click 'add site'

5. type the site's address, then click ok.

6. find the site you just typed. it will be in the list on the left. click it.

7. to the right of the list, you will see some tabs saying 'Global settings', 'user settings', and 'ad blocking'. Click the ad-blocking tab.

8. click 'add' underneath the blank space.

9. type in 'discountworld' as this will be in all web addresses on this website. make sure that 'permit' has a dot by it before clicking ok.

10. click ok, then close the NIS2003 window. the ad-blocker will now ignore the site click here, and you should be able to use it without problems.

This website: click here is almost exactly the same as discountworld. if you want to vist that website aswell, then just follow the above steps but replace anything that says 'discountworld' with 'premierman'. The same goes for the Freeserve ISP website click here , it cannot be accessed AT ALL without the ad-blocking being disabled.

Hope this helps! :o)

Oxyjon 20:25 17 May 03

thanks Andrew but after following your instrution I still get the same results, even the premier man site. There must be somthing I'm missing
regards oxy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…