Norton Internet Security 2003

scooby43 10:31 24 Aug 03

hi all

I have just switched my computer on this morning and came on to check my emails but now realising my norton is showing in the taskbar at the bottom I opened the norton internet sercruity from my desktop and found that its switched but if I try and go to the options along the top and then norton security it gives me an error message saying "Access denied only the supervisors can change/view the options"

I am using XP and no one else uses the comp and I am using a administrator account for my self norton was working fine last night it was when I swtiched on this morning its gone strange anyone know whats wrong cheers

scooby43 10:43 24 Aug 03

oops typo isnt showing in my taskbar

scooby43 10:44 24 Aug 03

sorry again I havent read it properly norton shows switched off

Angela-225542 10:59 24 Aug 03

I have been having probs with my norton virus and firewall deying me access all the time. I am considering uninstalling. how did you solve the problem?

scooby43 11:04 24 Aug 03

thanks for the posting I have thought about reinstalling but not sure if then the problem will arise again

scooby43 11:23 24 Aug 03

I have tried to uninstall it but it wont let me it states

" A norton internet security account with surpervisor access must be logged in to uninstall the product. if norton internet security is not running click the start menu select norton internet security and log in the setup will now exit"

would making my self another account work ?

thanks in advance

expertec 11:45 24 Aug 03
  scooby43 11:52 24 Aug 03

I am using version 6.0.4.34

scooby43 11:55 24 Aug 03

it dosnt prompt me for a password has I havent set one up ? if I select use raccounts on the left handside under norton internet security it says not loged on with a greyd out box underneath saying loged on

scooby43 12:07 24 Aug 03

hi again I have managed to remove norton internet security by downloading and running the RNIS.exe

thanks for all your help I am not sure now whether to use something different for a firewall and antivirus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…