Norton Internet Security 2002

stevedunham 19:42 26 Feb 04

I've beenhappily trusting my internet protection to NIS 2002 for two years now, but since my hardrive went Kaput and I have had to reinstall all the software on the new drive (oh what fun)i can't get NIs to work properly.
Paid my subscription in December 03 so I thought no probs here. I found when I tried to use live update i couldn't down load the latest security or virus updates.
Contact Symantec he thinks!
No good here, auto support assistant tells me that NIS & NAV 2002 are no longer supported, but upgrade now. Is this me being synical or does this sound like profeteering to me?
Customer support offered me an extra year on my 1st year if i upgrade but will I be unsupported once NIS 2005 comes out?
I've heard that there are some problems with NIS 2004 and win ME, any thoughts out there?
Or should I ditch Norton and try elsewhere, Thought about AVG and Zonealarm but i need something that will give parental control over net viewing for the kids, any suggestions or should I just plod with Norton or McAffee?

GaT7 18:39 27 Feb 04

How much is it going to cost you to upgrade?

And please confirm you're going to get TWO-years cover for the money.

GaT7 00:24 28 Feb 04

If you're okay for the 2003 version of NIS, it's available on eBay for about £10 (OEM version) click here Type in Norton Internet Security 2003 in the search box and you're likely to get quite a few 'hits'.

This is what I did a year ago - NIS 2003 was about £20 on eBay at the time. It works well on my rather ageing Win 98SE computer (with all updates installed) & I've never looked back since.

Keep us posted on what you decide...

Regards, G

fly2hi 19:58 28 Feb 04

I'v been runng nav 2002, likewise, reformatted & reinstalled nav from original cd, which gave 3 months free subs, even though I was still in credit with them till May this year. 3 months ran out 20/02/04 and was told I'd have to subscribe. Tried to get them to reinstate the paid subsription. Rec'd an email saying they would, but nothing happened and I'm still not getting updates. sent a couple of emails since then but no replies. Now really cheesed off with them and will probably use someone else

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5