Norton Internet security

knobler 23:57 20 Jul 04

Will this help me get rid of spyware? another problem is that i have 2 computers linked by wireles network. 1 computer has norton Internet security but not the other - If I add another will this cause a problem. My main problem is getting rid of 123mania.You can buy the anti spyware but lots of the companies are u.s and I'm not sure if it would be monry doen the drain.

temp003 08:08 21 Jul 04

I think the 2004 version, but not previous versions, of Norton Antivirus (included in Norton Internet Security 2004) has anti-spyware functions. I don't know whether it will remove 123mania.

Have you tried any of the free spyware removers? Such as Spybot Search & Destroy click here

Or CWShredder? click here and scroll down to Official Downloads.

If none of them works, try HijackThis (from the same link above). Unzip the HijackThis download to its own folder, double click hijackthis.exe, Scan. If you're comfortable with removing the rogue items yourself, tick the rogue items, then close all other applications including Explorer windows, and IE windows, and then click Fix Checked. Restart and see how it fares.

If not sure about which items to remove, after doing the HijackThis scan, click "save log", and copy and paste the results here (you'll have to do it in 2 halves), and someone may be able to tell you what to remove. There are also other forums with people familiar with HijackThis logs.

Andsome 08:23 21 Jul 04

Nellie on this forum is a wizard with Hijack logs.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…