Norton Internet Security

fredj 19:14 31 Jul 03

Norton Internet Security 2003

I have recently installed Windows XP professional on my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop, which was previously running Windows XP home, and I am now experiencing difficulties in running NIS 2003.

NIS 2003 appears to load OK and on opening and going to the Security Centre I find Security is switched ?Off? with all the other programme options ?Disabled?. I am unable to switch Security ?On? and if I double click on the Security tab it defaults to trying to open WEB page security.Symantec.com/scc/home/asp?j etc. etc. etc. When I try to uninstall NIS 2003 I receive the message ? A Norton Security Account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product. In the Security Centre, there is not an option to select User Accounts.

Alert Tracker does not display on my monitor, I am unable to switch ?On? Auto-Protect in Norton Antivirus or to access Security Assistant Roadmap.

Prior to installing XP Pro. NIS 2003 was working perfectly.

Any suggestions on how I can solve this?

Thank You

Fred Horley

no1ghoul 20:12 31 Jul 03

I had a similar problem with a desktop i too have windows home and norton i too could not access anything and it also kept telling me that i neede "supervisor access" whatever that is in my case it was a real nasty virus and i had to reformat and start again.
However i wasnt upgrading to xp pro or anything just thought the sympoms sounded similar.
but if it is the virus then it blocks access to any norton programs and unless some1 here has a better idea i would reformat and start afresh.
Hope this helps m8

temp003 09:58 01 Aug 03

click here= to see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…