Norton and Internet problems

Linton2 07:29 03 Jun 04

I have been having problems with Norton on my computer at home. When I do a live update, it doesn't update properly and then after a while, I get a message saying that my viruses aren't up to date.

The past couple fo nights I have also been unable to get onto the Internet. My computer dials up and connects without any problem but I get when I try to go on the Internet, I get a message talleing me that the server can't be found.

The first night this happened, I was eventually able to get into the Internet. Last night I couldn't.

I have tried to uninstall Norton and reinstall it, but I can't seem to fully unisntall Norton, which means when I try to install it again, it won't let me.

I'm going crazy. Can anyone help?

billbod 07:39 03 Jun 04

Try the symantec site mate .Think theres a page on how to completely uninstall nortons.Theres also an application called symKBfix look that it and it may clear your problem good luck

Linton2 07:59 03 Jun 04

billbod

Thanks for that. I will have a look at it when I go home. Another thing you might be able to helpme with please. Since having this problem with Norton, I can't use "Search" or "System Restore" When I go into them the window opens but is just blank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…