Norton and Internet Explorer

greenlamp 12:38 19 Feb 06

Hello can anyone help with this one,

Some friends were away from home for 2 months, after arriving home and using the PC [windows xp home edition] for the first time all was well, however they then downloaded and installed 2 months worth of Norton updates. Following this they are still able to use email but any attempt to use Internet explorer produces the following message

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files \ Internet
Explorer\jexplore.exe

This application has required the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information."

while I try to get a little more information from them has anyone either seen this problem and has a solution or has any thoughts at all how it can be overcome.

Thanks in advance

john-232317 12:54 19 Feb 06

Do a system restore to a previous date and download the updates one at a time or get them to try an IE repair, they will need the XP disc though.click here

JWJH 12:56 19 Feb 06

click here for some info. Also have you tried continually running live update in Norton until you are sure there are no more updates, sometimes there are "updates" to the updates so to speak.

greenlamp 19:43 19 Feb 06

anyone around now have any thoughts on this one?

Lettervanman 20:01 19 Feb 06

In my postings,sounds like the problem that I had.

Lettervanman 20:02 19 Feb 06

Forgot to give the link!!!

click here

greenlamp 00:13 21 Feb 06

Thanks for the suggestions, the problem was a conflict with theGoogle Toolbar [??brought about by Norton updates].
Uninstalling the toolbar effected a cure

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…