Norton Gost

old fogey 14:50 11 Dec 04

O/S Windows XP home SP2

I have just copied the entire contents of my hard drive using Norton Ghost 9.0 onto an external hard drive. The question is how do I use the external hard drive (I bought the external hard drive so I could use it for video editing). When I boot up I can only use my internal hard drive though I can go to start> My Computor and it shows my new drive. What I wanted was to effectively have two drives I could switch between but I dont know how to get my computor to switch between drives? Can anyone out there help!

mattyc_92 15:05 11 Dec 04

What do you mean, to restore or for duel booting?? :┬Čo

old fogey 15:22 11 Dec 04

mattyc_92

Thanks for replying

Sorry I should have explained better I meant for duel booting.

mattyc_92 15:23 11 Dec 04

You have to use a program like "Bootmagic" that comes with "PartitionMagic" from Symantec....

old fogey 15:26 11 Dec 04

Thanks mattyc_92 but after paying out for the new drive and Norton Ghost I dont think she will let me buy anything else this close to Christmas.

mattyc_92 15:31 11 Dec 04

Well if you are looking for a FREE program for Duel-Booting Managment, then try doing a google search on "Duel-Booting Management" (or something on those lines) and see what comes up!!!!

mattyc_92 15:33 11 Dec 04

Thinking about it, I don't think that you can install a operating system onto an external drive, because of the security reasons!!!! What is the capacity of your internal drive?

old fogey 15:33 11 Dec 04

Once again thanks mattyc_92 looks like I will be trying google

Laser157 15:35 11 Dec 04

I used Seagate's Deskwizzard Starter to create a backup copy of my C drive which contains the OS and Programmes only. All my backups are on a second hard drive and the backup of C is in a bootable drive. It is no problem to boot from this drive using the BIOS to change the boot order.

Or have I missed something? I use Win ME.

old fogey 15:36 11 Dec 04

mattyc_92 Just read your other post the capacity of both drives is 160 gb sounds a lot but video editing takes up an enormous amount of space.

ps Norton Ghost allows you (according to the blurb) copy an entire drive including the operating system.

mattyc_92 15:41 11 Dec 04

Yes I know Ghost allows you to do this, I myself use Ghost and it has saved my many times....

What is the other operating system you want to install??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…