Norton GoBack, Post restore screen.

Drum 11:24 30 Dec 06

I've got Norton Go Back V 4.0 running on my windows XP computer. This was packaged with Norton System Works and I've been running it for at least two years with no problems whatsoever. It's got me out of lots of scrapes and I would recommend it to anyone. A few weeks back I disabled it before doing a HD defrag. and then re-enabled it again afterwards, as is my usual procedure.

Now I've got a small problem with it, in that if I do an advanced disc drive restore, (which works fine), on rebooting the PC the Post Restore file rescue screen appears. This is as normal, but the problem is, this post restore file rescue screen keeps reappearing every time I boot the PC.

Disabling GoBack and then enabling it again, sorts the problem, but only until the next time I do a disc drive restore, when the post restore file rescue screen will start its multiple appearances again?
I haven't tried un-installing and re-installing the program yet, but any other ideas?

Drum 12:47 06 Jan 07

Re-installing the programme didn't work :(

EJ1947 13:56 06 Jan 07

I have found the Post Restore in Go Back appears for the next two or three re-boots then stops and all is well after that.

Drum 16:57 06 Jan 07

I've just discovered this myself not half an hour ago.
So all is well after all :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…