Norton Goback boot problem

silliw 13:31 20 Jan 04

I have norton Goback loaded on my machine which is an AMD 2000xp running XP home. I am also running norton IS 2004. I have had a number of instances where the machine freezes and I am unable to open any applications. This has now worsened to the point where I cannot get past the Goback menu at boot which tells me that the system is recovering from a fatal error. I have tried to do a n F9 boot to load in safe mode, network and CD mode, or last safe configuration mode, but all of these return to Goback.

Is there any way I can boot up to try to run a diagnostic or remove all the norton software as my problems only started when i installed norton 2004

Chegs ® 14:33 20 Jan 04

I think its actually F8 to boot to safemode.I have only once used any Norton software,didn't like it so removed it.If you have a look thru probs in PCA,Norton regularly crops up on problematic pc's.As to removing it,try getting to safemode via F8(hit it repeatedly until either you get the boot choices or Goback)If it still insists on Goback,then try "Repair" of XP,by booting from cd-rom,press enter to reinstall XP until it(the cd)has a look for previous XP installs,and then press "R" You will need to reload the various updates over again,but it should allow you to get to desktop and delete Norton once its fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…