Norton GoBack Alternative? XXClone Alternative

rotormota 18:59 16 May 09

Hi,

Is there a free Norton GoBack available? That is to say with the facility to restore before Vista boots up.

Also any free alternative to XXClone disk cloning software? I have it on my XP machine but it is apparently not compatible with Vista.

Thanks.

J

Technotiger 19:48 16 May 09

Is your computer and your data worth about £20? If so, you should buy Acronis True Image, and an external hard drive on which to keep your Acronis backups - you will then have no further worry about losing any of your precious data.

sunnystaines 19:59 16 May 09

never known norton goback work.

actually there is something almost similar - Erunt, but as Technotiger mentioned, you should think if the data on your computer has any value to your.

Norton Gobacks' file recovery features are not as granular as they could be, though they mostly get the job done. Also you can try other alternatives.

Last week I have found something better though. Its called Rollback Rx. This software does everything that go back does, but it is super faster, and you can create up to 60,000 restore points.

Nontek 07:44 12 Feb 11

R U a spammer??? This thread is almost two years old!!

nontek, sorry, I noticed that only after replying. Someone should close this thread then, maybe automatically...

Nontek 20:54 12 Feb 11

Fair enough - only the originator of the thread can put the Green tick to close it.

BruceS 20:32 14 Feb 11

messages older than xx days should be automatically closed, my 2 cents

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…