Norton Ghost Partition Image

Loz 19:53 26 Jan 03

Using Norton Ghost, when I image my C drive partition where XP is (so it's also my boot partition), does it copy the Boot info or is that contained on the very first part of the hard disk and will only be copied by a DISK, not partion image. i.e. when I format C:,and restore from the ghost image will the boot sector be there? This seems to be a fundamemtal question and it seems wierd that the guides i've read, including the Ghost manual, don't specifically address this.

best wishes to you all

Loz

jimv7 19:59 26 Jan 03

Ghost will copy All of your drive including the boot sector.

Agree with Jim. I've been using Norton Ghost for a couple of years -- it's great. Every file, except for a few temp files, will be copied. I recommend getting a second hard drive and copying your entire regular drive to it daily. That simple idea, which requires about 30 minutes a day (overnight) has helped me restore my entire system about 4 times, when everything would otherwise have been lost. Good luck -- Matt

colcol 14:04 02 Feb 03

where does norton ghost store the image and will this still be available if I must re-format my hard drive?

Lú-tzé 18:12 02 Feb 03

colcol - stored on another partition / hdd. Burn the image to CD-r if you need to format the hdd and you don't have another partition.

click here for details of ghost, how it works, what it does and does not do, etc.

Lú-tzé 18:14 02 Feb 03

colcol - stored on another partition / hdd. Burn the image to CD-r if you need to format the hdd and you don't have another partition.

click here for details of ghost, how it works, what it does and does not do, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…