norton ghost Or acronis true image,please help

habs 19:34 14 Mar 04

Dear sir

Please i need your help. I have Norton ghost 2003 and Acronis true image.

I want to back up my computer, but i am confused which software to choose.to back up my computer using (image).

I have some idea about computer.which software is easier to use.

-Do i have to buy special software to back up?

-how can i use the software(norton ghost or acronis), if something happen to my computer and i want to transfer everything in Image?

Thank you for your help inadvance.
habs

Diodorus Siculus 19:40 14 Mar 04

click here for all that you need to know about backups.

click here for Ghost info.

Jim Suter 19:40 14 Mar 04

I have tried both. I found Acronis easier to use.

To restore your system with Acronis just boot up with the Acronis boot CD. Direct the program to where the image is stored and Hey Presto.

TommyRed 20:19 14 Mar 04

I too found Acronis easy on a new or formatted system, it appeared to have trouble on my old nearly full 98se system. It had no trouble after I'd formatted or when I Imaged my XP system when I'd just got it. HTH TR

habs 21:35 14 Mar 04

Hi everybody

I want to thank you ,for all the help i received from you so quick.

for Jim Suter:you said to restore my system with Acronis just to boot up with the CD, I don't have the CD , i downloaded the software from pcadvisor DVD edition.

My kindest regards
habs

beeuuem 21:52 14 Mar 04

You can create a boot CD for True Image, assuming you have a CD-RW drive, by going to the 'Programme File' folder. There is an icon called 'Media builder' which will create a boot disc and/or boot floppies. I never could get the boot floppies to work but the boot CD works perfectly- for me.
This is useful if you can't boot the system to access the backup image.

beeuuem 21:55 14 Mar 04

To be more accurate - go to 'Programme Files' on the C drive and open the Acronis folder to find 'Mediabuilder'.

habs 23:08 14 Mar 04

Thank you beeuuem for your help , i will create a CD,the way you mentioned to me.

Thank you from all my heart.

My kindest regards
habs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…