Norton Ghost & MSVCP70.dll ??

dublincity 05:46 25 Feb 05

All the trouble comes at once!

I've tried - but failed - 6 times - to instal Norton Ghost. I've tried the prog's repair function as well.

It signals a finished installation but when trying to open it, I get either 'the application path cannot be found' or 'MSVCP70.dll cannot be found. Try installing again' message.

I reinstalled all my own missing .dll files & that didn't work. Then I downloaded MSVCP70.dll from the internet: at 500kb, it's big
............ I'm not sure that I installed it properly.

I've made pathways to the few bits that will open. I can get to the bit for making boot disks -I'm sure there must be more than that? The main application still won't open - with the same messages as before. I even downloaded 9MB of updates and that hasn't made a difference.

Any clues will be appreciated. cheers.

Diodorus Siculus 08:08 25 Feb 05

Is the version you have compatible with your operating system?

dublincity 15:24 25 Feb 05

Thanks Diodorus Siculus. Yes, I'm on XP Pro and the same prog's used (ok) by my brother who's also on XP Pro

Diodorus Siculus 15:37 25 Feb 05

Try uninstalling it.

Then reboot.

Then run the XP system file checker

start

run

sfc /scannow

dublincity 15:56 25 Feb 05

Thanks - I'll try that again. I usually use TuneXP 1.5 with the formatting disk which I suppose is the same as using sfc /scannow. I did that yesterday.

After I'd downloaded MSVCP70.dll, I wasn't sure how to send it to the registry. If it's supposed to be part of my set-up - shouldn't it have been put back by TuneXP 1.5?

NOW - the Ghost message just says 'Failed To Find Installation Path'. I've checked the CD for viruses - none. I'll uninstall and start again. Cheers.

dublincity 19:08 25 Feb 05

I CAN NOW open the Ghost but only by right-clicking the taskbar icon and then left-clicking the items lower down the list. Ummmmmm

Diodorus Siculus 20:20 25 Feb 05

Ummmmmm - from me too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now