Norton Ghost & External Hard Drive

Dekka123 23:03 19 Jun 05

I have Norton Ghost 2003 which I use very successfuly to back up my C Drive. This usualy takes 6-8 minutes to back up to a 2nd hard drive. I also have a 40GB maxtor external hard drive running off a USB2 port. I tried to back up the C Drive to it. The operation was a success but the procedure took 85 min. Is this correct as there is a big difference in the back up time for the two drives. My OS is XP Pro with 1GB ram and SP2. Would be very grateful for opinions and advice. Thanks in advance.

mgmcc 23:18 19 Jun 05

Backing up to an internal hard drive is certainly much faster than to an external USB 2.0 drive.

Backing up 10GB to my external drive takes about 20 minutes if that's any sort of guide and I use the "fast compression" setting.

BRYNIT 23:49 19 Jun 05

I have just done a backed up my C drive (12GB) to a 20GB maxtor external hard drive running off USB2 using trueimage this took 11 minutes. Even if I used Norton Ghost I don't think it wouls have taken 85 minute. Have you checked the hard drive and the usb2 connection.

Dekka123 00:19 20 Jun 05

Thank you both very much for your input. I have decided just to back up to my second hard dive. I dont want to try anything too ambitious because the comp is working geat other than this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced