Norton Ghost backup over network

**nada** 15:48 27 Dec 04

I keep getting a message up when I schedule a backup on a computer to back up one of its drives to another computer. It keeps saying 'A specified logon session does not exist'. After I do the backup manually though, it asks for a domain, username and password to access the other computer. I type that in and then it works fine. Then if I schedule a backup to run before the computer is restarted it works fine still, like it remembers the password until it is restarted. Is there any way to make it remember for good! There don't seem to be any options for it within Norton Ghost.
Both computers have a single username/password. Maybe I should get rid of the username thing - is there any point in just having one username?

Just to add, both computers are running WinXP Pro with NTFS and are using Norton Ghost 9.0
Thanks

compumac 19:22 14 Mar 05

I am trying to backup an image of my C drive on a laptop to a drive on my main PC. I am using Norton Ghost 9. They are connected via a Voyager 240 modem/router. I have no problem with accessing and changing or transferring files from one to the other.

When I go into Ghost on the laptop and select the appropriate destination drive on the main PC a dialogue box comes up requesting input as:-
“To access a network location the connection must be made as a user with permission. Please enter a user name and password” Also a Domain is required.

I am a little uncertain as to what these refer to as I have entered the user name as being the name that Windows gives, but to no avail and I also do not have a password on either of the PC’s

Any ideas out there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…